Monday, April 11, 2011

RAW VEGAN QUINOA RECIPES

Here's a couple of tasty recipes that I concocted this weekend. I apologize in advance for not including measurements...I don't measure, it's not my style. Just add  till it tastes good!

SASSY SPROUTED QUINOA (keen-wah)
First sprout your quinoa: Soak in water for a few hours, move to a colander, rinse every few hours with cold water. When they start to grow little tails your sprouts have sprouted! Once they have grown to the desired length store in the fridge.

Then add:
diced tomatoes
diced cucumber
minced fresh jalapeno
minced garlic
minced fresh basil
minced fresh cilantro
apple cider vinegar
lemon juice
spinach

Eat it right away or let it sit over night to absorb the flavors. Tons of protein and iron, great post work out recipe!

And another variation I enjoyed:
Diced cucumber
minced cilantro
minced jalapeno
minced garlic
lemon juice
apple cider vinegar
finely chopped kale


Finally, a delicious snack recipe I found on Vegweb


KALE CHIPS
cut fresh kale into chip sized pieces.
mix 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp apple cider vineger
coat kale. add salt.
bake at 350 for 10 minutes.


Holy pants! I may be addicted.


Erin


What I'm listening to: Fang Island
What I'm watching: Teeth. I definitely do not recommend it.
What I'm enjoying: Mountain biking, longboarding, beautiful weather.
What I'm bitching about: 10 more pages to go on my research paper.

2 comments:

  1. Dad...I forbid you to watch teeth and I will not tell you about it! Trust me here.

    ReplyDelete