Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Vapid Narccissim

It's been a minute since my last post. I've recognized the need to update a few times in the past weeks, but I haven't felt that I had anything worthwhile to write about. To get the ball rolling I think I'll just do a general update. I try to make this blog about more than the little joys and tragedies that make me who I am, but I guess even the most interesting of us hit blah patches. Let's see where this goes.

On the economic front, I've landed a vegan's dream job. I am now a part time produce clerk at the Marquette Organic Food Co-op. Responsibilities include treating the fruits and vegetables with tender love and care, arranging them in pleasing displays, wearing an apron, and smiling. I've never worked with so many friendly people. Fear not though, I will continue to be a corporate minion at Jimmy John's in order to fund my eccentric lifestyle.

I recently joined a boxing class. I funking love it. Just what I needed to get back on my feet (literally?) after my goals and dreams in the sport of running took a grenade. I also bought a used full suspension mountain bike for a good price at Switchback with a little guidance from my friend Charlie. Can't wait to get it out on the trails. Hopefully a summer of boxing, mountain biking, yoga, and rock climbing will be enough to take the edge off not being able to run competitively.

Some of you are well aware of my love affair with baking soda. I've found a couple new uses lately: In the bath to make my skin soft, combined with apple cider vinegar to unclog a drain, on the carpet to remove a hot sauce stain. <3 you baking soda.

Lots of sauna-ing lately. I made an announcement at work the other day: No matter how rich or poor I am when I am grown, I will have a home sauna. It should work out considering I plan to never own another car. The thousands of dollars spent per year on car costs will easily cover the sauna costs...especially since I plan to start dating men in the construction management major. Saunas improve my quality of life in so many ways.

There are 3 more weeks of class, I'm the last living person in Marquette who is under 21, I miss my bff Kyla horribly, I have a cold sore, and my hair is growing.
























 (I feel weird taking pictures of myself on a webcam...I don't know where to look? But the point is basically a hair growth update.)

And I think that about covers it.

Erin

What I'm listening to: Secret Cities
What I'm watching (well, about to watch as soon as I post this): Brick

3 comments:

  1. I'm under 21 too. It sucks. Let's get together and drink illegally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the shout out! i finally figured out how to follow your blog. i miss you too. i need to start discovering the wonders of baking soda. oh, and i like the hair. and you look shockingly like michael (in a good way).

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your hair and you are the rich man's michael!

    ReplyDelete