I just fell in love with mint tea all over again.
I'm wrapping up my labor day weekend doing some reading for class and making lists for the week ahead. The newly revealed fall weather inspired me to brew a pot of tea and a recently abandoned bag of bulk tea by a customer at the coop provided me with some "morrocan mint" loose leaf to try. The first few sips were so delicious that I developed an overwhelming urge to tell someone how tasty it is. My solitude in the learning laboratory (my bedroom) nearly lead me to scribe a proclamation of affection onto facebook. Fortunately, before firing off the first sentence of this post into a status and subjecting my network of friends and acquaintances to such trivial information, I remembered: nobody cares. Not to be melodramatic, but seriously, other than showing off in some weird way over the fact that I drink mint tea why would I put that on facebook? If I did, a couple of my fellow snobby tea drinking friends would probably "like" it or even go so far as to recommend another tea that they especially enjoy. The whole thing would have been quite pretentious I'm certain. HOWEVER, my sharp little college brain prevented that tragedy from unfolding. And then something amazing happened: I REMEMBERED THAT I HAVE A BLOG. I actually have a place to write about things that I think make me cool and people only have to read about it if they want to.
That being said, if you're interested to know- I had a wonderful summer full of wonderful people and wonderful adventures. It was so ful of wonder that I didn't even slow down to brag about it on the internet. I won't try to make up the gap between this post and my previous post. Instead, why don't we just march ahead into another season of the thoughts, qualms, ideas and interests that I feel compelled to write about on the internet.
Cheers,
Erin
What I'm listening to: Panda Bear's album Tomboy
What I'm watching: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
What I'm reading: City of Thieves by David Benioff -- highly recommend this novel for an easy, totally enjoyable weekend read
No comments:
Post a Comment