photo by Aiden McLuckie
"Oh my god, Erin, WHY did you do that?!"
Because I needed a haircut.
I promise it's not a 'statement.' The idea was not born out of a noble cause to raise awareness (although I will be donating the giant ponytail). Those who know me have heard me spout on about shaving my head since high school. What can I say, I am a girl of my word. What finally pushed me to go for it was essentially apathy. I no longer care about my hair enough to keep it around. I decided I would look fine without hair, and off it went. My mornings are so low hassle now.
New blog. Since my personality was contained in my hair, I am now a different person and need a new blog. Kidding. Aiden and I's former blog, Das Gut Boot, centers mostly around our 3 month trip to Germany, although I will admit that keeping it updated was not our top priority. But it's as good a place as any to look around if you're interested in what we were doing in das Vaterland for so long. This blog will serve as a more appropriate place than facebook for me to share my passing interests, thoughts, accomplishments, etc. People have to come here more voluntarily. I think that frees me to write what I want without worrying that people will find it pretentious...rather, feel comfort in the knowledge that if they do find it pretentious they really can't voice that opinion because they chose to sit in Starbucks and read the whole thing. Suckers.
Short introduction. I think I'll finish my coffee and get ready for class. Because unlike the rest of the U.S.A, snowpocolypse is not going down up here. Rather, everyday is snowpocolypse, and we of the U.P. are hardened eskimos who ride polar bears to class and keep our thermostats at 45. It is worth mentioning that we did have the day off of classes yesterday. But that was because of a shooting threat, not snow.
Erin
What I'm listening to: Born Ruffians
What I'm watching: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
What I'm reading: Grist


No comments:
Post a Comment