Thursday, February 10, 2011

DON'T THINK TWICE

I think it might be possible to explain every feeling and situation in life with a Bob Dylan song. This one seems appropriate at the moment:

I ain’t sayin’ you treated me unkind
You could have done better but I don’t mind
You just kinda wasted my precious time
But don’t think twice, it’s all right
 -Bob Dylan 'Don't Think Twice, It's Alright'

And that's all I have to say about that.

President Obama -or as my friend Evan has so endearingly nicknamed him, Barry- will be here in Marquette in just a few hours. The U.P. is all abuzz with excitement and preparation...or something like that. I actually do think the gifts we are giving to the First Family are kind of cool... check out the story here. An audience of 1,000 will get to see the president speak today, as requested by the White House. The Audience will be mostly students; students who fall under certain criterion of worthiness. I am not one of them. I am slightly annoyed, but definitely understand the situation. I am, however, getting pissed off at all the "I've got a golden ticket" posts on facebook, as well as all the other pro/con good/bad posts about Obama coming to town. I think I'm just grumpy. I'm not interested this time in all the debating that goes on between students every time something..anything happens that you can have an opinion about. Posting in all caps doesn't make your warrant-less  argument any more affective. Again, I am a huge grump.

From what I understand it's -1 degrees out today. I wouldn't know because I've only been cozy in my bed so far today. I am going to have to get out there soon though and ride my bike to class. Guess I won't be wearing my best Sunday dress for Barry. Snowshoeing later! Always good to get out and enjoy the Marquette winter. I really do love this place.

Last thing: I did not do my radio show this morning. Actually I haven't done it in a while. Circumstances. Sorry to my huge and loyal fan base!!!!!!!!!!! I will be back in action next Thursday 6am-9am.

Erin

What I'm listening to: Brandi Carlile - Before it Breaks

No comments:

Post a Comment